DWP Complaints – 0843 487 1838

DWP complaintsIf you are unhappy with a specific DWP department, DWP complaints can be made in writing, by email, fax, or by phone. You will need to have the address of the relevant DWP department, or the relevant DWP complaints number, to go ahead with your complaint. 

Utilising The DWP Appeals Service 

Applying for a benefit or allowance, and being turned down, may be a reason to call and make a complaint – though this will be categorised ‘DWP appeals’ by the DWP . Firstly, you can ask why you have not been given the particular benefit or allowance. If you are still not satisfied then you ask for your case to be reviewed again. If you really do have a strong case, then it’s worth utilising the DWP appeals service, otherwise you may be missing out on money that you are perfectly entitled to. You will need to contact the relevant department, i.e. Jobcentre Plus re Budgeting Loans, your local council re Housing Benefit, etc.

Making A Complaint About How You’ve Been Treated 

You may also need to make a complaint for a matter that involves how you have been treated by, for instance, a Jobcentre Plus employee. You should then contact your local Jobcentre Plus. You can do this either over the phone or in person, and they will aim to resolve the issue either by phone, or within 15 working days. You should tell the individual concerned exactly what you are unhappy about, how you have been affected, and how you would like the matter to be resolved.

Different DWP Procedures 

When you call to complain about the DWP’s service it’s important to remember that separate DWP businesses have their own procedures of dealing with complaints. DWP complaints will usually be fully dealt with within a period of two weeks. If you’re not happy with how your first complaint has been dealt with, then a more senior member of staff, in the relevant department, will attempt to resolve matters. 

HM Courts & Tribunals Service

HM Courts & Tribunals Service is in place to hear appeals against DWP departments. Appeals can be heard here concerning child support, tax credits, and social security. The DWP complaints number is perfect for this.